At The Training Room, we support healthy eating habits and consistent exercise routines- and most of all, we support BALANCE and moderation in all things. That’s why we are excited to give a shout out to the upcoming Fluff Festival in Union Square. Swing by and enjoy a reasonably portioned taste! Afterwards, head over to The Training Room and burn off those extra calories… 40 calories in a 2Tbs serving, to be exact! Although we do not support a steady diet of Fluff or other marshmallow-related products, we do support the local community. Eat Smart!
Enter to celebrate the Sixth Annual “What the Fluff” Festival in Union Square, Somerville
As Wikipedia defines it, Fluff is:
“Marshmallow creme is a very sweet, spreadable, marshmallow-like confection. Marshmallow creme and peanut butter are used to create a Fluffernutter sandwich…One popular brand of marshmallow creme, sold principally in the Northeastern United States, is Marshmallow Fluff.”
This year, on Saturday, September 24th, Union Square Main Streets will present the Sixth Annual “What the Fluff?” Festival in Union Square, Somerville to honor Archibald Query, who invented this delicious “fluffy” spread right here in Union Square in 1917. There will be food, games, entertainment, even a celebrity appearance by Susan Olsen, or ‘Cindy’ as many know her, from the Brady Bunch. And there’s still time to enter the Fluff cooking contest, which boasts some top prizes, including a tour of the factory (a rare treat)!
I’ve decided to get into the fun this year and I hope you will join me! To celebrate, Wicked Good Travel & Activities is having its first-ever giveaway contest…
The rules are simple:
- Leave a comment below telling everyone why you love Fluff – and be creative! 1 comment per person. If you have a twitter account tweet about it to @WickedGoodTravl and use the hashtag #FluffFest. Leave me a comment letting me know if you did!
- I’m looking for unique recipes, short prose (5 sentences or less), or poems, or those fun little things called haikus, and even vlogs (short videos, 5 min or less, that you’ve uploaded on YouTube- such as making a recipe or a video montage) all proclaiming your love for Fluff.
And the prizes are awesome:
- One lucky winner will get a free Fluff tote bag (pictured above).
- Another lucky winner will receive a gift certificate for 2 free studio class at The Training Room in Somerville, MA. What better way to work off all that fluff you’ll eat testing recipes and at the festival?
- All winners will be celebrated and featured on Wicked Good Travel & Activities, Somerville Patch, and Union Square Main Streets!